See What Our Doctor's Say
What is Infertility?
Infertility is the problem faced by couple who are not able to conceive after trying for at least 1 year. This problem occurs when sperms are not able to fertilize the egg in the woman’s uterus and egg is unable to plant itself in the uterus where the first process of child birth is started once the egg is planted. 85% of couple are able to conceive naturally in just 6 months of trying and only remaining 15% couple aren’t able to conceive upto a period of 1 year. From this 15%, 8% of couple are able to conceive in one of trying and remaining 7% have the issue of infertility which needs to special attention by the infertility specialist to give them successful pregnancy.
Why it occurs?
It occurs because of several reasons and in some cases doctors aren’t able to find the cause of infertility. Here are some the reasons for infertility :
1. Infrequent menstrual periods in woman
2. Female age of 35 years or older
3. Low level of testosterone in man
4. A history of pelvic infections or sexually transmitted diseases
5. Known uterine fibroids or endometrial polyps
6. Known male factor semen abnormalities.